Lions Club of Blackburn North
The club operates in the Whitehorse City Council, Australia.
We are ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability, caring for the environment and fund raising for worthwhile causes in our local area and around the world
We also have our joint Twinning Club Project:
The collection of eye glasses which are then processed and graded before being sent to people overseas which enables them to see things clearly for the first time.
To find out more about Pandino lions, click the icon
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
In our local community we support many community organisations including:
- Nadrasca - a disability services organisation
- Taralye - The Oral Language Centre for Deaf Children
- Eastern Emergency Relief Network
- Blackburn Lake
- Nunawading SES
- Blackburn High School
- Helping individuals in the community eg. see Clinton Grant newspaper item
In the extended community we support:
- St. Vincents Gait Clinic
- Licola Village - Gippsland
- Post Polio Victoria
- Lions Prostate Cancer Research
Via our international affiliation, our club supports:
- Lions International Measles Initiative
- Lions International Fund used to assist in disaster recovery including Victorian Bushfires, Haiti earthquake and the Japanese tsunami.
Our 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
We as a local Lions Club received funds from the International Lions Community to assist us in the relief of the fires on Black Saturday. We distributed the proceeds through:
- Tools for Tradies Program and
- Tool Libraries in the fire affected areas
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in
their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their
volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing
unmet health and education needs worldwide.